Day by Day Daily Cartoon by Chris Muir

The Mad Scientist... Mwahahahahahahahaha

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Animes I have watched and am watching

Apropos of nothing, simply because I have another 2 days worth of weekend, here's a short list of anime I can recommend to anyone (but especially young men, because that's the genre I'm normally stuck on "shonen"). Please note that I am Chinese, and like the Chinese, other North Asians (Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese, etc) have surnames first, given names last. You guessed it, most of these are 'recommendations' from TVTropes.

  • Yu-Gi-Oh! The original one, at any rate. The English dub is fairly alright (which makes it a Surprisingly Good Dub), although the Japanese one has better melodies.
  • Ranma ½. Again, the English dub is pretty good. Funniest show I've seen in ages. But it is a Takahashi Rumiko work, so you really need a lof of patience with the Takahashi couple that Ranma and Akane are.
  • InuYasha. Another Takahashi work; note that most of her works are NOT completely animated primarily because they are soooo looooonnggg.
  • Yu Yu Hakusho. Well, this one was the first anime that really started my inner otaku going.
  • Naruto. Seriously.
  • Nogizaka no Himitsu. Man, they should have labelled this an 'ecchi' anime, because there's plenty of fanservice in terms of panty shots and even the odd yaoi scene (although that's in the manga Haruka reads, subsequently fainting and getting convenient amnesia).
  • Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu. Watch this, watch this!
  • Azumanga Daioh. Words fail me.
  • Lucky Star. You know Azumanga Daioh above? Well, imagine that on crack. Oh yeah, this is worth it.
  • Saber Rider. Yes, this goes back to my childhood days. Real retro.
  • Tenshi na Konamaiki. Eh, could be better.
  • You're Under Arrest. 3 seasons, several OVAs, if you can get this. PS check out Aoi Futaba the trannie police'woman'. Ain't nobody can tell me she's a man, baby.
  • Koukaku no Regios. Taka Fansubs started this one, and so far it looks good. I don't know if there will be a second season, but I do surely hope so.
  • Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. This is the second anime, which apparently follows the manga storyline much closer. Be reminded that the first anime goes its own way fairly quickly, at the behest of the mangaka (manga author) and it's worth watching on its own.
  • Element Hunters. This is targeted at children (so not sex, no romance, and definitely no fanservice). Eh, Dattebayo picked it up which is why I'm following it.
  • Midori Days. Short but sweet. Not half bad.
  • Ouran Koukou Host Club. Supposedly more of a shojo comedy, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Anime I am currently watching or plan to watch
  • Maison Ikkoku.
  • Urusei Yatsura.
  • Hunter x Hunter.
  • Naruto: Shippuuden.
  • Bleach.
  • Suzumiya Haruhu Season 2. Although it probably finished already. But note that half of it is KyoAni (Kyoto Animation) trolling us.
  • Kamen no Maid Guy. Now, see, TVTropes calls him hard gay, but I haven't seen any evidence of that yet. BUt I've only finished the first episode, so who knows?
  • Scrapped Princess.
  • Hayate no Gotoku.
I'll update this post with links once I'm feeling more energetic.


No comments: