Day by Day Daily Cartoon by Chris Muir

The Mad Scientist... Mwahahahahahahahaha

Monday, July 17, 2006

Serious business! Food business!

So, sooner or later I've got to get down to putting some really serious stuff up. After all, what's the point of having a publishing medium, if you don't publish?

But food is serious business, especially when you're Chinese and you're in Malaysia. Last night my parents, brother (and sis-in-law) and myself went to this all-you-can-eat buffet steamboat place. It's called Restaurant Yuen, and it's located in Sunway Mentari. For RM18.80, you can eat from 5pm-midnight, and it's got (supposedly) 100 dishes for you to choose from.

Well! Those of you who know me know that this is a losing proposition for the restaurant, but not everybody eats like I do. And boy, is there a lot to eat. Forget about their Meehoon and Fried Rice; if you're hungry and can't wait for the seafood to cook, go grab their curry chicken. Every 15 minutes on the quarter-hour (give or take), their world-famous chicken wings come out. True enough, after 1 minute they're all gone, so you'd better be standing there long before.

Prawns, fish, crabs, sotong (cuttlefish), chicken, lala and teckhan (cockles and bamboo clams respectively), wantan (dumplings), yong tau foo, - and that's just for starters! Eggs and mee. Amazing amount of food! I stuffed myself thoroughly in 90 minutes, and so did the rest of my family.

OCFers Unite! We have to book the place (they don't open on some Tuesdays), and be there EARLY! You won't believe the queue...

Greg

No comments: